On 22nd November 2017, Legoland Malaysia Resort became the world’s first Legoland park to launch the Lego virtual reality roller coaster. the VR coaster called “The great LEGO Race” combines cutting-edge virtual reality technology by Samsung VR with roller coaster thrills. The ride was developed under the supervision of Merlin Magic Making – the company’s global creative division that designs and develops attractions for Merlin sites around the world.
Daan Duijm was involved in the opening of the Attraction as Senior Theme Park and Water Park Manager for Legoland Malaysia Resort.
- Inspection of VR Equipment
- Safety Inspections & Defectlists
- Staff Training
- Writing the VR Operations SOP
- Testing and Commisioning along side the Manufacturer and VR supplier: Mack.
- Daily Inspections
- Pre-Opening Training
- Soft Opening
- Operations during media event
- Daily Operations and Safety